Physician Assistant Ortho Spine Non-Operative
Busy outpatient Orthopedic Spine practice is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to join their team, to work alongside three spinal surgeons and three PAs in clinic. Please note this is a non-operative role. Ideal candidate can handle fast-paced environment and instill confidence in patients and their family members. 4 day work week. No weekends. No call.
- Responsible for all facets of perioperative care for surgical spine patients including performing
- history/physical examinations, interpreting laboratory/diagnostic tests, managing wounds.
- Obtain medical histories and conduct physical exams
- Triage patient phone calls and escalate to attending as appropriate
- Work up and treatment of non-operative patients including collaboration with appropriate referring
- physicians (neurology, physiatry, pain management)
- Order, review, and interpret laboratory data and radiographic studies (XR, CT, MRI, EMG)
- Write for post-op pain meds, including opioids for up to 3 months following surgery
- Explain treatment and care plans for both pre-op and post op
- Provide health education to patient and family members
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies preferred
- Board Certification
- NYS Physician Assistant License
- DEA required
- Vast knowledge and proficiency in pain management.
- Proficient knowledge in orthopedics
- Knowledgeable in treating postoperative complications such as DVT/Pulmonary Embolism and