Share This Page
Director of Human Resources
The HR Director is responsible for aligning Human Resources within the organization. This Human
Resources professional will work with the C suite and Physician leaders to influence strategy,
maintain compliance, maximize workforce capabilities and advance key practice goals and objectives.
He/she serves as a consultant to leadership on human resources-related issues. There will be active
involvement in the day-to-day operations of the practice as well as the requirement to stay abreast of
human resources trends in the healthcare marketplace. Specific responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Maintains knowledge, provides expertise and is responsible for the practice’s full compliance with all employment legislation and laws such as EEO, Worker’s Compensation, and other federal, state, or local regulations.
- Coordinates and conducts all relevant and required HR-related training (i.e.: Sexual Harassment, HIPAA, Employee Handbook).
- Is actively involved with bringing on new hires and oversees onboarding/orientation.
- Serves as point of contact for employee questions related to policies, benefits, payroll, and other HR programs and partners with other internal resources to resolve issues, as needed.
- Be an ambassador for driving the Company’s “patient first culture” by building and promoting company-wide initiatives to support employee engagement in order to ensure positive patient experiences.
- Conduct investigations into employee conflict/employee relations matters and provide guidance/solutions/outcomes.
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues while remaining impartial.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and employment law.
- Provide guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews, and providing feedback to employees; ensure that semi-annual reviews are completed and that any relevant development plans are in place.
- Working with the Partners and the C Suite to drive long-range human resource strategies and practices in alignment with business objectives.
- Build a strong partnership with leadership to contribute to the design of compensation and benefits programs that meet the current and long-term needs of the practice.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve the productivity of HR function.
- Ability to both elevate the HR function by thinking long-term and strategically, as well as being able to roll up your sleeves and support the tactical execution of day-to-day HR processes.
- Participates in special projects and proactively seeks additional responsibilities.