Nuclear Medicine Tech
SpineSearch is currently seeking an experienced Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join an academic medical center located in Smithtown, New York.
Requirements of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program
- New York State Nuclear Medicine license
- ARRT and/or NMTCB certification
Benefits of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Full time, Monday through Friday (7:30-4:00)
Responsibilities of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Perform Nuclear Medicine Radiological exams
- Transfers and positions immobilization devices to produce diagnostic imaging.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Performs QA to images and facilitate in the delivery of the images and exams to the file room and PAC’s system for dictation.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevent cross contamination.
- Responsible for delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures.
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technology and ancillary personnel.
- In the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist, he/she may be designated as acting supervisor.
- Assist in performing first aid.
- Conduct periodic quality control tests.
- Participate or conduct research in required specialty.
- Maintain adequate records as directed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness.
- Secures and returns supplies.
- Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department.