Share This Page
Nuclear Medicine Tech
SpineSearch is currently seeking an experienced Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join an academic medical center located in Smithtown, New York.
Requirements of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program
- New York State Nuclear Medicine license
- ARRT and/or NMTCB certification
Benefits of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Full time, Monday through Friday (7:30-4:00)
Responsibilities of the Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Perform Nuclear Medicine Radiological exams
- Transfers and positions immobilization devices to produce diagnostic imaging.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Performs QA to images and facilitate in the delivery of the images and exams to the file room and PAC’s system for dictation.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevent cross contamination.
- Responsible for delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures.
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technology and ancillary personnel.
- In the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist, he/she may be designated as acting supervisor.
- Assist in performing first aid.
- Conduct periodic quality control tests.
- Participate or conduct research in required specialty.
- Maintain adequate records as directed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness.
- Secures and returns supplies.
- Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department.