Medical Secretary NYC
Job Summary: You will perform secretarial duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence. An essential component in the relationship between the physician and client. Competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
- Scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors
- Screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers;
- Help patients schedule x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRIs, CT scans, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts, and correspondence
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
- Generates revenues by completing direct patient and third-party billing
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Enhances physician office reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Degree from approved Medical administrative program or equivalent
- Strong communication skills, verbal and nonwritten
- Previous Experience
- Office setting
- Able to use standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, and filing cabinets
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality policies (HIPPA)
- Ability to perform assigned job duties and other duties upon request
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excelling organizational skills