Medical Secretary NY/NJ
SpineSearch is currently seeking an experienced Medical Secretary to join a renowned orthopedic practice located in Saddle River, New Jersey.
Requirements of the Medical Secretary:
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
- Must be willing to travel to Saddle River, Paramus, and New York City
Benefits of the Medical Secretary:
- Full time, Monday through Friday
Responsibilities of the Medical Secretary:
- Scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors
- Screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers;
- Help patients schedule x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.